Bullying and Harassment at Work
About this course
The course will include lectures or workshops on:
- Defining the phenomena of workplace bullying and its varieties
- Risk factors and individual consequences of workplace bullying
- Sexual harassment – forms, risk factors and consequences
- The role of bystanders in workplace bullying
- Prevention of bullying and harassment
- Assessing or investigating cases of workplace bullying and harassment – an introduction to different methodologies
- Managing workplace bullying – lessons learned from case studies
- Research on organizational interventions – what can we learn from this?
The course will also include a practitioner workshop as well as a researcher/Ph.D. workshop allowing participants to discuss and get feedback on issues of relevance to their current work.
The price of the course consists of the course fee of EUR 500
and the day package of choice.
Day package I
This package includes:
- conference facilities and technical equipment
- course material
- coffees, lunches
- dinners and the social program on Wednesday
We strongly encourage you to take part in the social program, as this is a vital part of the NIVA course experience. We believe in the power of networking and strive to create an inspiring possibility for that through the social program.
The total price of the course is EUR 1.030 (course fee EUR 500 + day package fee EUR 530).
Day package II
This package includes:
- conference facilities and technical
- course material
- coffees and lunches
Kindly note that the day package II does not include dinners nor the social program.
The total price of the course is EUR 850 (course fee EUR 500 + day package fee EUR 350).
20th – 23rd of November 2023 at Scandic Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
NIVA has made a block reservation for the accommodation 20th – 23rd of November 2023 at Scandic Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark.
To book a room from the block kindly make the reservation directly to the hotel:
- Use the website: www.scandichotels.com
- Choose the right hotel (Scandic Copenhagen)
- Choose the right dates (between 20.11.2023 and 23.11.2023)
- Press “Booking code/reward night/ Bonus Cheque”
- Write the following code: BNIV211123 in the box “Add Booking code”
The room price for a standard room is DKK 1.300/night including breakfast (approximately EUR 175/night).
The block reservation will be available until 20th of October 2023.
The course will bring together researchers and practitioners working within the field of bullying, sexual harassment (and conflicts) at work.
The aim of the course is to update the participants’ knowledge on the phenomena of workplace bullying and sexual harassment (causes, risk factors and consequences of bullying and sexual harassment at work, including the role of bystanders) as well as to update participants’ knowledge and skills with respect to prevention and management of workplace bullying and sexual harassment.
Special focus will be on how to prevent and manage cases via organizational and individual interventions. The latter will be approached from both a practice and research perspective: Which preventative interventions exist? How do we assess cases of bullying and harassment, and how do we intervene in cases? What are possible ethical issues that we must deal with? How do we as researchers design adequate organizational interventions? What should we be aware of before and during implementation? And which methods do we use when evaluating the implemented interventions?
The course will also give the participants a forum and an opportunity to explore and discuss bullying and harassment with people who work in different roles with prevention and management of bullying and harassment at work.
- Organizational consultants
- Personnel management
- Line managers
- Occupational safety and health professionals
- Trade union officials
- Labour inspectors
- Researchers and PhD students
General course fee and cancellation information
The courses and workshops vary in price. Please note that the course fee does not cover meals or accommodation. The course fee and day-package fee are invoiced after the registration deadline.
Please refrain from booking any travel tickets until we have confirmed the course. The confirmation, which will be sent at the latest after the registration deadline, will include detailed information on the payment of the course fee and day-packages, as well as information on practical arrangements. Please note that you are not insured by NIVA.
Cancellations received by 18th of October 2023: full refund
Cancellations received by 19th of October 2023 or later: no refund
NIVA will issue an invoice or send information on how to pay the course with credit card (depending on the option chosen in the registration form) after the registration deadline.
The price is subject to minor changes.
Eva Gemzøe Mikkelsen
Associate professor in work and organizational psychology, University of Southern Denmark
In practical matters, please contact:
Project Manager & Sustainability Advisor