Transformation of Work in the Digital Era
This course will provide an overview of digitalization of work as a profound sociotechnical transformation and the possibilities and threats digitalization brings to the workplace. The course will also provide tools for acting proactively and collaboratively in the organizations, and networks to develop human centered and sustainable digitalized work that enhances productivity, safety, and well-being at work. Examples from different branches and work organizations in private and public sectors are offered, including knowledge work, health care, industry, and platform work.
To contribute to the enhancement of organizational development and job design by providing knowledge and tools for:
• digital and sociotechnical transformation of work
• ethical issues of digitalization in work places
• productivity and well-being in digitalized work
• managing organizations in digital transformation
• co-developing sustainable organizational practices
• co-creating a human centered working culture
• enhancing competencies in digital work
• improving cognitive ergonomics at work
- Persons involved in the developing of organization and work, such as managers, supervisors, HR and well-being professionals, and occupational health and safety personnel
- Persons developing digitized solutions and devices for organizations
- Researchers and experts interested in areas of digitalization and transformation of work
- Pretask: survey with open questions in order to identify how transformation of work due to digitalization is manifesting in the participants' own work, organization, branch and context
- Lectures and presentations
- Cases and practical examples
- Mini workshops to introduce and try out tools and practices
- Discussions on proactive competence development at a workplace level (context); practices to enhance cognitive ergonomics, productivity, well-being and occupational safety in a digitalized work context
• Introduction to the subject
• Digitalization as a complex sociotechnical transformation: new forms of human/technology interaction
• Ethical issues of digitalization
• Digitalized work in different contexts: examples/cases from the public sector, industry and platforms
• Cognitive ergonomics and digitalization of work
• Tools for collective analysis, interpretation and development of digitalized work
September 25th 2020Register
The price of the course consists of two parts:
1) The course fee of EUR 500 and
2) One of the following:
- The day package I fee of EUR 450
- The day package II fee of EUR 200
Day package I
The day package I price is 450 EUR/person. This price includes conference facilities and technical equipment, course material, coffees, lunches, dinners and the social program on Tuesday.
The total price of the course is EUR 950 (course fee EUR 500 + day package fee EUR 450).
We strongly encourage you to take part in the social program, as this is a vital part of the NIVA course experience. We believe in the power of networking (between people) and strive to create an inspiring possibility for that through the social program.
Day package II
The day package II price is 200 EUR/person. This price includes conference facilities and technical equipment, course material, coffees and lunches.
The total price of the course is EUR 700 (course fee EUR 500 + day package fee EUR 200).
Kindly note that the day package II does not include the social program nor the dinners.
NIVA has made a block reservation for the accommodation 26th – 28th of October 2020 at Hotel Hanaholmen, Espoo, Finland. To book a room from the block kindly make the reservation directly to the hotel by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the booking code "NIVA" (available until 2.10.2020).
The room price for a single standard room is EUR 115/night (including breakfast, morning sauna and access to the pool) and the price for a double room EUR 134/night (including breakfast, morning sauna and access to the pool).
The block reservation will be available until 2nd of October 2020.
Cancellations received by October, 25th 2020: full refund
Cancellations received after October, 25th 2020: no refund
The total price of the course will be invoiced after the registration deadline.
The price is subject to minor changes.
The development of digital technology will transform work in many ways. It will have profound effects on business, work and everyday life by creating new opportunities for innovations, smart ways of working and general augmentation of people’s physical, mental and collaborative capacities. Making use of new digitalized opportunities requires profound…
The development of digital technology will transform work in many ways. It will have profound effects on business, work and everyday life by creating new opportunities for innovations, smart ways of working and general augmentation of people’s physical, mental and collaborative capacities. Making use of new digitalized opportunities requires profound understanding of complex sociotechnical system dynamics. The social, cultural and ethical aspects must also be considered alongside technical solutions to create sustainable work and enhance quality of working life.