The Economics of Occupational Safety and Health – Recent findings and hands on-calculation
The intention of this OSH Economics course is to provide participants with methodological skills and practical capabilities to undertake and evaluate economic analyses on OSH issues. The course will be held on a level which is comprehensible also for non-economists. Some other issues will also be addressed with the aim of increasing the awareness of the value of economic calculations in the internal OSH governance.
The purpose of the course is:
- to present recent international research findings and cases related to the economic analysis of OSH activities.
- to demonstrate the basic approaches of making economic analysis in the OSH area
- to help participants to make economic evaluations of their own cases
- to improve the participants' ability to reason in economic terms about OSH
- to provide guidance on preparing a business case.
- OSH officials of private and public organisations
- policy makers
- OSH researchers
- The state of art in the economics of OSH
- Promotion and economic assessment of personnel productivity
- The personnel, well-being and health as intangible assets
- Calculation models
- Cases and their costing
- Practical calculation sessions
- The business case for health and safety
December 1st 2020Register
The price of the course consists of two parts:
1) The course fee of EUR 500 and
2) One of the following:
- The day package I fee of EUR 420
- The day package II fee of EUR 250
Day package I
The day package I price is 420 EUR/person. This price includes conference facilities and technical equipment, coffees, lunches, dinners and the social program.
The total price of the course is EUR 920 (course fee EUR 500 + day package fee EUR 420).
We strongly encourage you to take part in the social program, as this is a vital part of the NIVA course experience. We believe in the power of networking and strive to create an inspiring possibility for that through the social program.
Day package II
The day package II price is 250 EUR/person. This price includes conference facilities and technical equipment, coffees and lunches.
The total price of the course is EUR 750 (course fee EUR 500 + day package fee EUR 250).
Kindly note that the day package II does not include dinners nor the social program.
NIVA has made a block reservation for the accommodation 2nd –4th of February 2021 at Quality Hotel View, Malmö, Sweden.
To book a room from the block kindly make the reservation by emailing the hotel directly at email@example.com or by phone +4640 374100. When calling please choose 4 Packages and special reservations. Please refer to Niva and the booking code 2110GR019563 when booking the room (available until 4.1.2021).
The room price for a single standard room is SEK 1350 (approx. EUR 125/night) including breakfast.
The block reservation will be available until 4th of January 2021.
Cancellations received by December, 1st 2020: full refund
Cancellations received by December, 2nd 2020 or later: no refund
The total price of the course will be invoiced after the registration deadline.
The price is subject to minor changes.
Economic considerations are of major importance when making decisions about the content and scope of OSH activities, both at the workplace and national levels. Consequently, there is great value in having up to date knowledge on recent evidence in the area and on practical methods to conduct and evaluate economic…
Economic considerations are of major importance when making decisions about the content and scope of OSH activities, both at the workplace and national levels. Consequently, there is great value in having up to date knowledge on recent evidence in the area and on practical methods to conduct and evaluate economic analyses in this context.