Short introduction to REACH
– “A4 REACH” (EU)
About this webinar
Chemicals are a can’t-do- without part of our lives. Regulating them has proven to be a huge task and is still a work in progress. REACH Regulation is the main piece of the EU legislation concerning chemicals. By its specificity, volume and entangled potential implications, REACH may be intimidating. People might tend to fear it and avoid it.
A short, understandable presentation can help crystalize the concepts of REACH, encourage navigation through its processes and discover provisions that apply (or not !) to those that start learning about it.
The webinar will take place on the 5th of December at 10.00-12.00 am CET (Central European Time). After the lecture, participants will have time to ask questions related to the topic.
The webinar is free of charge
The participants will be guided through the main features of REACH. Understanding its structure will help build further on this acquired knowledge, according to their needs.
After the webinar the participants will be able to:
- differentiate between the main processes of REACH
- use properly the main specific REACH terminology
- describe the main actors in REACH and the way they (inter)act
- understand the overall REACH rationale and mechanism
- navigate through the REACH document
- identify the implications of REACH for their activities
- REACH role in regulating chemicals : scope ad objectives
- REACH main processes and how they work
- REACH main terminology ad abbreviations
- REACH main documents
- REACH main actors
- Applying REACH in different type of activities
About the lecturers
Lothar Lieck, Senior Project Manager, European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, Spain
Stepa Raluca, INCDPM, Romania
More information about the lecturers will be available shortly.
Project Manager and Communications Advisor