Nordic Perspectives on Work Sciences
About this course
The course focuses on the development of multidisciplinary work sciences according to views represented by various scientific disciplines, their underlying approaches and their implications for research questions, concepts, theories, applications, approaches and methodology.
Different perspectives and applications will be subject for discussions and comparisons to support a holistic understanding of contemporary challenges for sciences with a work perspective – and improve competence to handle and collaborate in research and developments.
The course can be complemented to certify for a research-level, theoretical course of 7,5 hp, certified at Gothenburg University. This includes independent work during a 4-month period and an exam during a face-to-face lunch meeting in Gothenburg.
The price of the course is EUR 50 in total.
The aim of the course is to broaden and deepen the knowledge of different perspectives and applications of work science in the Nordic countries from social, technical, medical, educational and humanistic sciences.
- Introduction to the philosophy, main theoretical frameworks and research approaches of the following work sciences perspectives in a Nordic context:
- Work sociology
- Occupational medicine/health
- Work psychology
- Leadership and management studies
- Research results from recent projects and the societal impact of the above-mentioned work sciences
- Multidisciplinary research and development work: concepts, theory and practice
- HR managers
- Occupational health practitioners
- PhD and university students from various disciplines related to work sciences (work sociology, ergonomics, occupational medicine, occupational health, work psychology, leadership and organization, technology, law, economy)
- Officials of institutes, trade unions and organizations dealing with issues related to working conditions (social issues, social insurance, work environment, public health)
General course fee and cancellation information
The courses and workshops vary in price. Please note that the course fee does not cover meals or accommodation. The course fee and day-package fee are invoiced after the registration deadline.
Please refrain from booking any tickets until we have confirmed the course. The confirmation, which will be sent after the registration deadline, will include detailed information on the payment of the course fee and day-packages, as well as information on accommodation options and practical arrangements. Please note that you are not insured by NIVA.
Cancellations received by 18th of September 2020: full refund
Cancellations received by 19th of September 2020 or later: no refund
The total price of the course will be invoiced after the registration deadline.
The price is subject to minor changes.
Broader understanding of the multicomponent conditions at work influencing occupation health and safety is important for taking actions that have impacts on society. Thus, multidisciplinary perspectives and competences to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams is becoming increasingly important for researchers, leaders and officials.
Lotta Dellve, Professor in Work Science
Department of Sociology and Work Sciences, Gothenburg University, Sweden
Aff. Professor in Ergonomics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
In practical matters, please contact:
mobile: +358 40 126 3336