A Sustainable Working Life for All Ages
About this course
This course introduces participants to theories, concept and tools for a healthy and sustainable working life for all ages. The participants will learn how the SwAge-model and tools can be applied to work and health research, policy and practice.
The price of the course is EUR 225 and will be invoiced after the registration deadline.
It is possible to pay for the course by invoice or credit card.
This course will introduce participants to:
- theories, concept and tools for a healthy and sustainable working life for all ages
Furthermore, participants will:
- learn how the SwAge-model and tools can be applied to work and health research, policy and practice.
The SwAge-model visualizes the complexity of working life and various factors relevant to a sustainable working life for all ages. The model incorporates the four impact and determinants spheres, divided into nine determinant areas, of employability and considerations whether individuals can and want to participate in working life or not, i.e.:
- Health effects of the work environment;
- 1. self-rated health, diagnoses and disability function variation,
- 2. physical work environment and injury prevention,
- 3. mental work environment, stress, effort/reward balance, violence and threats,
- 4. working hours, the pace at work, and recovery time,
- 5. Private finances,
- Relationships and support;
- 6. Private social environment, family situation, partner, leisure interactions, socialisation,
- 7. Work social environment, participation, social support, leadership and managerial attitudes, discrimination,
- Performance of tasks;
- 8. stimulating and self-crediting tasks, core in work, and work satisfaction,
- 9. knowledge, skills, competence, and opportunities for development
OSH experts, practitioners and researchers
In 2080, the number of people older than 65 years of age is estimated to be 58 per 100 people of working age in the OECD countries. Rapid ageing of the population contributes to increased pressure on the society.
Due to global demographic changes, many more people will need to work until an older age, and organisations and enterprises need to implement measures to facilitate a sustainable working life to all ages and an extended working life. Providing healthy and sustainable working life is important for building healthy societies.
To handle the increased number of senior employees in workplaces, managers and HR needs tools for age-conscious leadership and toward a sustainable working life for all ages.
General course fee and cancellation information
The courses and workshops vary in price. The course fee is invoiced after the registration deadline.
Cancellations received by 21st of February 2023: full refund
Cancellations received by 22nd of February 2023 or later: no refund
NIVA will issue an invoice or send information on how to pay the course with credit card (depending on the option chosen in the registration form) after the registration deadline.
The price is subject to minor changes.
Analyst/project manager, Swedish Agency for Work Environment Expertise
Professor, Docent & Dr.Med.Sc. in Public Health, Epidemiology Docent & PhD in Work Science Kristianstad University, Division of Public Health & Lund University, Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sweden
Former Project Manager BSLF – Sustainable Working Life, CBSS Council of the Baltic Sea States Secretariat
In practical matters, please contact
Project Manager & Sustainability Advisor